- Content Type
LearnHub Comes to Your Rescue! While preparing for tests or applying to Study Abroad colleges/universities, it's likely that you'll come across a number of roadblocks. In most cases, having the rig...
For more than 50 years, the premier XLRI is conducting admission exams on all-India level to select the most appropriate students for management education from all corners of the country. Due to the expertise of the institute in setting up the exam and selecting the best talent in the country, there are several other management institutes which are using XAT for their selection procedure.
There are 60 management institutes which use XAT admission process. Some of these institutes are - Affinity Business School, Alliance Business Academy, EMPI Business School, Indian Institute of Finance, Jagran Institute of Communication and Management (JICM), SP Jain Institute of Management.
XAT 2011 is conducted all over the country. It is held in Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Berhampur, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Goa, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Noida, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Trivandrum, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam
Procedure for XLRI Registration and obtaining XLRI Prospectus
1. Step 1: Students who aspire to take admission to XLRI has to first register for XAT 2010 online. On successful completion of registration for XAT 2010, the candidate will get his XAT ID and password. With this ID, the student can register for XLRI by logging onto the site www.xlri.edu and then clicking on the link "XLRI Registration Page".
2. Step 2: If the XAT ID and password provided are correct, the XLRI Registration page opens up wherein the candidate is required to fill-in the name of the nearest Axis Bank branch from where he/she intends to buy the prospectus, programme he/she is opting and the requisite amount depending on the number of programme(s) opted.
3. Step 3: Check out the cost of the
XLRI Prospectus which depends on number
of programme(s) applied for. The cost is as follows:
For General candidates: Rs 900/- for one programme or Rs 1500/- for more than one and maximum of three programme.
For SC/ST candidates: Rs 600/- for one programme or Rs 1100/- for more than one and maximum of three programmes. Candidate should take the SC/ST certificate with them to the bank.
4. Step 4: The student has to then download the XLRI Pay-in-slip. The XLRI Pay-in-slip will have the date of registration, XLRI Pay-in-slip No., name of the Axis Bank branch, name of the candidate, number of courses opted and the amount to be paid for the prospectus. The printed pay-in-slip is in three parts. You have to take all these three parts of the pay-in-slip to the Axis bank branch.
5) Step 5: Now, the student has to take this downloaded XLRI Pay-in-slip to the Axis Bank branch to buy the XLRI Prospectus 2010. On tendering the requisite amount along with the pay-in-slips, the bank will issue a XLRI Prospectus 2010 and enter the Prospectus Number, Bank Tran ID and put a bank seal on the pay-in-slips.
6. Step 6: The student has to fill-up the detachable form given at the end of the prospectus. All entries are to be filled-up correctly and should be same as that filled in the online form.
7. Step 7:The student has to then attach the XLRI's copy of the pay-in-slip in the space provided on the form. This copy of the pay-in-slip is to be carefully retained by the candidate for future reference, if any.
8. Step 8: The next step is to carefully detach the form from the prospectus and send it to XLRI Office, Jamshedpur along with the photo copies of 10th, 12th, graduation certificates (or latest mark sheet of papers/years completed till date) and SC/ST certificate (for SC/ST candidates only) through registered post/speed post/courier in the special envelope given inside the prospectus. This form along with pay-in-slip and photo copies of the educational certificates should reach the Admission Office, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur-831001 within seven days from date of purchase of prospectus.
9. Step 9: The list of the short-listed candidates for XLRI GD / Personal Interview will be declared on their website. The names of the candidates who subsequently succeed in the selection interviews and/or group discussions for admission to XLRI will be intimated individually and also will be declared at the same website.
Image Credit: nicklowe
Pursue your educational dream by having the top schools
all around the world come to you.
Fill out your information accurately in this form to learn more about the worldâ€™s best graduate programs